The new SL 1 Concept boards are aimed to reach top speed effortlessly.
The planing angle and the response have been optimized by a complete redesign of every square inch of the surface of the board.
* Two deck steps strengthen the structure, guaranteeing an immediate response of the shape during planing and when touching the water. The transfer of the forces is immediate towards forward motion.
* The strap positions have been adjusted on a more comfortable deck to optimize the speed stance.
* Cut outs have disappeared from the hull allowing a clear bottom shape without impeding the flow of the water.
* The V has been redefined. Under the front foot the V is at its maximum, and it is near zero at the back of the board, guaranteeing stability and high speed.
The tests on the water have been filmed, and the results speak for themselves: the shapes accelerate on the water without the slightest interference. The transfer of the applied forces from the front of the hull to the tail is immediately converted to acceleration and speed. Stability is perfect allowing easy control and acceleration.
* Scoop: stretched for quick planing and speed.
* Outline: compact, optimized for planing, control and easiness.
* Deck step: front section improves strength to increase speed.
* Hull: pure without any tips, optimized for speed.
* SL1 Concept Vee: stability and maximum speed
volume: length: width ofo: finbox: fin size: sail size:
80l 240.00 cm 34.00 cm Tuttle Box 29 - 35 4.2 _ 6.8
95l 240.00 cm 39.50 cm Tuttle Box 31 - 37 4.7 - 7.8
110l 240.00 cm 44.70 cm Deep Tuttle Box 33 - 41 5.5 - 9.0
125l 240.00 cm 52.60 cm Deep Tuttle Box 37 - 45 6.0 - 9.5
AHD SPEED CHALLENGE 2009 from Stefan Eriksson on Vimeo.