Boards By Size
by % Carbon
Extensions & Bases
Parts and Maintenance
Harnesses and Spreaders
Parts & Accessories
Tools & Parts
2011 KA Koncept: Slalom-Speed
Our Price: From $549.00 to $875.00
Just ask the pros, if you are serious about going fast, the KA Koncept should be on the top of your shopping list.
Koncept, the science of speed...
• 5 and 7 Mil Monofilm sail body for crisp response and acceleration
• 5 Mil Xply foot panels for durability
• Moderate width Luff sleeve. Heavy duty 250 Luff sleeve material
• Aramid Xply luff panel
• Zip up neoprene boom fairing for enhanced aerodynamics
• Stepped clew reduces boom lengths
• Twin clew eyelets for extended wind range
• Multiple layer clew reinforcement
• Carbon/composite tube battens
• 3 roller cams
• Thermoformed mast pad
• Moulded batten end protectors
• Extruded PVC foot and lower seam protection
• Boom height indicators
• Stainless Steel triple downhaul pulley
Craig Spottiswood. 50.01 knots on the dial, 49.87 knot 2 second peak and all time fastest 5x10 second on GPSSS of 47.76 knots. The sail, KA Koncept 5.0.
Tony Wynhoven. First ever GPSSS World record of 47.52 knots. The sail, KA Koncept 4.4.
Results speak for themselves. You want speed, you want KA Koncept.
For 2011 KA Chief designer Andrew McDougall and PWA Racer Jesper Orth have combined science and practicality to push the limits of this amazing
sail even further. Every dimension has been meticulously reviewed using the KA developed McSail design software, the World’s leading CAD (computer aided
design) system for Windsurfing. Seam shaping and luff curve have been refined to the sub millimeter.
The result is more power and less drag.
area has been added to the lower third of the sail with slightly increased boom lengths. This has improved the backhand feel, minimizing the risk of
over sheeting and enhancing the acceleration out of gybes, a must for slalom racing. Twin clew eyelets have been added increasing the already
amazing wind range, the upper setting more suited to downwind speed sailing and the lower setting for slalom racing and freeride.
Construction enhancements include a 2 ply Dacron head panel eliminating Xply creasing while rolling the sail, material changes to the luff panel
and leech reinforcement reduce weight.
* size luff boom mast battens top
* 4.0 360 153 340/15 7 fixed
* 4.4 378 156 370/17 7 fixed
* 5.0 406 163 400/19 7 fixed
* 5.8 436 175 430/21 7 fixed
* 6.6 466 186 460/25 7 fixed
* 7.5 482 203 460/25 7 fixed
* 8.5 510 216 490/29 7 fixed
* 9.5 532 233 520/33 7 fixed